Seeded configuration data makes Kitikiti HRM usable from the get-go. So what?
Configuring HRM software is no easy task. There's tons of things to think about:
- What personal data do we require from the employees?
- What leave types can the employees apply for?
- What expense types can the employee claim for?
- What earnings and deductions are applicable against employee's base pay?
The obvious response to the above is simply - let's make it easy for the users.
In Kitikiti HRM, you get the following company-level configuration, when you sign up:
- Personal data
- Default values for Bank Account, Retirement Plan Account and Tax Account
- Leave types
- Annual Leave, Sick Leave and other common types
- Expense types
- Accommodation, Meals, Medical, Transportation and more
- Pay component types
- Basic Salary
- Retirement Plan Contribution
- Approval by manager
- Approval by admin
Having the above data seeded and configured for your company allows you to immediately experiment with leave applications, expense claims and payruns.
The key takeaway point here is that the configuration is seeded, and not hardcoded. Configuration is based on data, and not code. You are empowered to customize, in ways such as:
- Localization - 'Retirement Plan' pay component type is intentionally named generically. It's 'Social Security / 401K' in the States, 'Superannuation' in Australia / New Zealand, 'State Pension' in United Kingdom, 'NPS' in India, 'EPF' in Malaysia and 'CPF' in Singapore. Localize it!
- Extension - One can setup more configuration data to further customize Kitikiti HRM. For example, if for some reason you need to introduce a new pay component, say Massachusetts State Income Tax, where it takes 5.1% cut from taxable income - you're not tied up waiting for us to code it up.
You simply need to define the new pay component type, set the percentage and specify which pay component type(s) would the percentage be applied on.
This is one of our principles when it comes to developing features for Kitikiti HRM. Guide users with practical seeded data, allow them to experiment, empower them to extend the software further.
Kitikiti HRM. Developed by us. Truly owned by our clients.
In the future, we intend to deliver an auto-localization feature, whereby we'll seed country-specific configuration data, based on the country specified by our clients upon signup. Stay tuned!
We will be more than happy to assist you with your company's setup, and we'll also throw in 2 months of free usage!
No credit card required for signup, and no annoying demo appointment to be set. You get to use it immediately upon signup.
Try out Kitikiti HRM at your own pace - and you can always contact us via the support chat widget.
Even if you decide not to use payroll - the leave and expense modules are FREE to use, regardless of the your company size.
Finally, if you have 10 or less employees on payroll - guess what - everything is FREE! We want to grow with you!